Skip to content

Licenses & Permits

Welcome to the Chamber's resource page for obtaining local licenses and permits. Here, you will find useful and updated information to help you navigate the permitting process in Nassau County. For additional questions or information, please contact the individual offices listed below. 

Beach Permits

Driving on the Beach: Beach driving and parking, as amended by Resolution 2021-003, shall be restricted in the area fronting Peters Point Park, Burney Park and American Beach, as depicted in Exhibit "A" and "B". Appropriate markings, signs, cones or other indications will mark the no parking areas. Scotts Road beach driving and parking is permitted at the intersection with the beach, as stated in Ordinance 2021-001.

NASSAU COUNTY BEACH DRIVING PERMITS are no longer valid. Only Nassau County Residents, Nassau County property owners, Active Military members, or persons with disabilities, all with proper identification, are permitted drive on the beach in accordance with Ordinance 2020-31. Individuals falling into one of the four categories shall be required to provide proper identification prior to entering the beach with a vehicle. Acceptable identification includes:

  • A valid Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Driver's License
  • A valid Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Identification Card
  • A Nassau County Property Owner's Identification Card created by the Nassau County Tax Collector
  • A valid United States Department of Defense United States Uniformed Services Privilege and Identification Card
  • A valid Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles disability parking placard

Horses on the Beach

  • Horses shall be under the control of the rider at all times.
  • Horses shall be governed under the established traffic and littering laws.
  • Horses shall not be allowed in public shower or cabana areas.
  • Absolutely No vehicles or horses allowed on the dunes or vegetation.
  • Absolutely No vehicles or horses allowed within the designated swimming or sunbathing areas.
  • Parking for horse trailers shall be within the designated area at Peter's Point Park.
  • Trailers or other conveyance that carry horses shall have a decal attached to the trailer.
  • Horses are prohibited on the beach between the hours of 9:00pm and 7:00am.

Horse/Permit Decals can be otained by contacting:

Nassau County Animal Control
(904) 530-6150
86078 License Road, Yulee, FL
Hours of Operation: Mon-Fri 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Sat. 8 a.m.-4 p.m.

Fishing & Hunting Licenses

With some exceptions, Florida residents between the age of 16 and 65 and visitors need a state license, which you must carry with you while fishing or hunting. For more information, call the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission at (888) FISH-FLORIDA (888-347-4356) or (888) HUNT-FLORIDA (888-486-8356) or visit where you can purchase a license online. 

Fishing and hunting licenses can also be purchased at the Nassau County Tax Collector offices and at Walmart of Fernandina Beach.

Mariage Licenses

A state-issued marriage license is required to be married in Florida. Licenses are good for 60 days. The marriage license must be returned to the clerk's office for recording within 10 days after the marriage is preformed.

​In Nassau County, licenses are issues by the Nassau County Florida Clerk of Courts office.

A single man and woman, 18 or older, must come into the Clerk's office together. U.S. citizens must provide a driver's license and a Social Security number (not card, just number). Non-U.S. citizens may submit a naturalization number, immigration number or passport number.

If either party has been widowed or divorced, they must know the month/day/year that the marriage ended. If either party has divorced within the last 30 days, they need to bring a certified copy of the final divorce decree with them when they apply for a marriage license.

Marriage course or three-day wait for Florida residents only (does not apply to non-residents)

  • For Florida residents who have taken an authorized marriage preparation course within the past 12 months, there is no waiting period for the license and there is a discount on the fee
  • For Florida residents who have no taken the course, there is a three-day waiting period between issuance of the license and the time it becomes valid 
  • If one party is a resident of Florida and the other party is a non-resident, the three-day waiting period is waived only if the Florida resident takes the state-sanctioned marriage preparation course, but no discount is given


​All regularly ordained ministers of the gospel or elders in communion with some church, or other ordained clergy, and all judicial officers, including retired judicial officers, clerks of the circuit courts and notaries public of Florida, may solemnize marriage ceremonies.

Any marriage which may be had and solemnized among the people called "Quakers" or "Friends", in the manner and form used or practiced in their societies, according to their rites and ceremonies, shall be in and valid law.

For more information on obtaining marriage licenses, including fees, and officiants, contact the Nassau County Clerk of the Court

Scroll To Top