Effective March 23, 2020, the City of Fernandina Beach Building Department will no longer accept paper submittals for permit applications. Permit submittals will be via the following new process:
• COVID-19/Coronavirus poses a serious risk to the health and well-being of City staff and our customers. To ensure a safe working environment, the review of all permitting submissions to the City of Fernandina Beach Building Department will now require permitting be submitted electronically.
• Permit applications shall be made online thru the Citizen Self Service Portal. egselfservice.fbfl.us/EnergovProd/SelfService#/home, or following the link on the COFB website under 1.“Your Government”, 2. “Building”, 3. “Online permit.”
• Architectural and engineer plans which are signed and sealed shall be submitted with electronic signatures along with a same name affidavit certifying that the files are original unaltered documents.
• Permit reviews can be followed online thru the Citizen Self-Serve.
• Applications will be routed for reviews and approvals from all required city departments prior to a Building Department review. The statutory time for Review for Single family will begin at this time, not at the time of submittal for other department approvals.
• Permit applications submitted prior to March 23rd which have been approved, will need to be paid for online and plans picked up by appointment.
• BTR applications can be emailed to CDDinfo@FBFL.city Payments can be made online. Paper applications will be available in the lobby.
• Under construction Elevation Certificates and surveys can be digitally signed and emailed to CDDinfo@FBFL.city along with a same name affidavit from the design professional (please put description with permit number in subject line). Final Elevation Certificates will need to be original signed and sealed delivered to a drop box at the Building Department.
• It is our goal is to make the permitting process as safe as possible for all parties involved and we look forward to working with our customers as we implement this new process.
Please contact the Building Department Permit Techs or the Building Official for additional information at 904-310-3135.
Nassau County Chamber of Commerce Blog
Chamber Member Updates, Events and News